Yamaha New Models

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:03:56 -0700

Terry, I work at a Yamaha dealership. This is the first I've heard of =
any of this. Mark may respond to this. I'll try asking around. Why would =
they want to get parts from someone else when they've gone to all that =
trouble to automate their manufacturing process. Doesn't sound too =
likely to me.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 2:32 PM
  Subject: Yamaha New Models

  Rumor mill has it that some (many?, all?) new Yamaha pianos will see =
some changes in the way they are made. Parts will be built at other =
locations?/sources? and incorporated into the pianos. It kinda sounded =
to me like a new Yamaha may not be built with 12,978 Yamaha parts =
anymore - other sources will be utilized. I may be way off base with =
what I think I understood.

  Has anyone heard of manufacturing changes and/or parts sources for new =
Yamaha pianos?

  Thanks.

  Terry Farrell