No subject

William R. Monroe pianowrmonroe@hotmail.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:25:48 -0700

List,

Serviced a 1922 Vose upright today.  Rediculous loose tuning pins.  Not =
all, just a select group.  Pins range from very tight to "don't leggo =
that hammer or it'll come back and gitcha!!"

I tapped in the worst offenders with a punch and "handy hammer."  I'm =
wondering how permanent a fix tapping in loose pins can be.  I'm also =
wondering if there are other fixes that are as or more permanent that I =
am unaware of, short of using oversize pins, shimming, etc.  I ask the =
question this way, 'cause I don't think the client is going to want to =
pay a whole lot.  So - I guess I'm looking for the best, quick-fix, =
cheap solution, for loose pins.  Thanks everyone.

William R. Monroe
PTG Associate
Salt Lake City, UT