Lausanne exposition

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:19:08 +0100

Hi,

A few good books that I know :

The Piano Forte , Rosamond   E.M. Harding (The Bible??) ed. Heckscher
One other book L'art  D'accorder soi-même son piano,
C. Montal  with a lot of technical information and chritics but this one is
in French (still available?)
Greetings P. Gevaert Belgium.

                           ----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: Lausanne exposition

> Wow! What a fabulous-looking program! I wish I could read some French. I
can kinda make out the gist of some of it. I looked closely through it
hoping to find that it was going to be held somewhere in Quebec - as I will
be near Ontario at that time. But if I am pseudo-translating correctly it
will be held in France.  :-(
> I would love to attend such a conference - could possibly do Quebec,
France is out of the question (would love to, just can't do the $$$).

> Below is an old post of mine that did not generate any specific info. Can
anyone help?

> Reading the several articles on 19th century pianos in last month's
Journal - "Pianos of Brahms", etc. blew me away. I was always of the mind
that all pianos before the modern type were inferior stepping stones to the
real thing. No More! I would love to learn more and more about 18th & 19th
century pianos. Can anyone provide any good  references for learning about
construction, features, characteristics (how they sound - good points and
bad - how they played), and so on.