a little temperament progress,??

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:59:15 EST

Greetings,
    I just received this letter from the head of the piano department at a
local university. Piano is a Steinway B, small, live hall that seats about
175.  I have it voiced fairly softly and regulated quite closely.  A collegue
of mine does their tuning.

>Ed
>I've kept the Broadwood temperment on the piano in Ward all the time, but
>I don't usually tell people.  A pianist from California came to do a program
>with Dan Lochrie, our clarinet teacher and he loved the piano--and BTW,
>the
>program was all 20th century.  I just played 2 trios (Beethoven and Brahms)
>on a recital and both ,(the musicians)
>commented as to how much easier it was to play in tune with that piano
>than most.

      Just thought somebody out there might find this interesting.  ET
certainly appeals to those of us that measure it, but there is no denying
that a WT has a quality that is proving itself, repeatedly, to be attractive
to musicians.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT