plate gonna break?

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:15:01 -0700

    Thanks everyone for your replies -- I thought about tightening plate
screws, and on the Wurly spinet, I'll have to bring the piano tipper and
remove the bottom board to get at the bottom ones.  If there's a big gap
between plate and liner or other horror, I'll lower tension first.  Same
after checking top of pinblock and soundboard/back assembly for any
separations.
    Hadn't thought of putting a straightedge along the tops of the struts
and other places where it's prob'ly sposeta be flat -- thanks for that
suggestion.
    No, no obvious damper or action problems        --David Nereson, RPT,
Denver