Symphony Piano Sale

Gary Mc gmcc@charter.net
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 08:09:40 -0800

The store I work for has had several of these sales.  Usually associated with universites, we supply the school pianos at a (hopefully) special lease price with the option to hold one of these sales at their location.  The last one wasn't as successful; I think this gimmick may have run its' course around here.  Also, the sales manager was  disgusted with the imported sales "shark" man's technique, and said he was going to ask the boss not to do any more of these.  We'll see about that.
Gary McCormick
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 5:19 AM
Subject: Re: Symphony Piano Sale

I guess most of where I was looking for a bit of input was what is the "association" between the 'local' orchestra and this famous company? Why do they choose to put out a letter with their name on it like this? Are they simply part of the marketing victims? Do they get a lot of money out of this deal? Did they sign some contract with the famous company when they bought their D and got a few bucks off it? Or do they just love those pianos and feel they are the best in the world? What IS the deal here? What IS this "association"?