Symphony Piano Sale

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 19:00:45 -0700

    Terry, what can I say; It's a formula they all use.  One dealer had =
a "Losing our lease" sale at one of his locations, (He ended his lease) =
and the salesmen got the sale prices. I heard from one of their people =
that the prices were higher than they had been. How's that for getting a =
great deal at one of these sales.=20
    A lot of time these things are good opportunities to get rid of some =
of their junkier pianos that have been lying around on some of the =
showroom floors.=20
    Steemburg and Daughters are made in Hamburg, and Baaaston's are made =
in Australia by Kiwi's.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 6:16 PM
  Subject: Symphony Piano Sale

  I just have to share this with y'all.

  Because I am a friend to the "local" Orchestra, and they have an =
"association with the famous piano maker Steenburg & Daughters" (or =
somethinglikethat - some piano mfg. in NY), they are participating in a =
special Symphony Piano Sale! "During the sale, an extraordinary =
allocation of new and pre-owned Steenburgs and the Baaaston piano, =
designed by Steenburg, will be available for purchase." Imagine that! =
But wait, there's more! Other quality name brand new and used pianos =
will be sold at a fraction of their retail price. Hmmmm, I wonder what =
fraction - maybe four-thirds? That might work well.

  You can call for an appointment for Friday and Saturday. Sunday will =
be open to the general public. Thursday is a "private closed-door sale" =
I very sorry to say that I will get a better price than you because =
"P.S. This letter entitles you to additional savings (screwings) not =
available to the general public."
   =20
  This garbage makes my blood boil. I'll shut up now.

  Terry Farrell