plate gonna break?

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 00:45:01 -0800

I would bring a big screwdriver and tighten all of the plate
screws/bolts.  It could be that the plate is moving around and needs to
be locked down.  If the piano was just shocked by a radical humidity
change this could also have loosened things.  In fact I think I would
take a time out and tighten every screw I could find in the piano.  It
would also probably be advisable to wait a couple of weeks so that the
climate around the piano stabilizes again.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV