Case work (any social workers out there?!)

Noel Kaufmann tunernoel@bigzoo.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:58:29 -0500

Hi all,

I've done only partial grand 'rebuilds' so far in my career but have an =
old Hardman on hand now that I've decided needs and is worth the whole =
nine yards, for resell.  Yes I know it's not "worth" the time =
money-wise, professionally speaking, but I want to do it and learn from =
it.  I'll probably have more q's on this in the coming months as I wade =
along, but for now I'm seeking input on refinishing and case/cabinet =
repair.

The rim, fall board, etc. have all manner of scratches, nicks, split out =
or chipped off wood, separating veneer; and after I get everything apart =
and eventually strip the old finish I want to get to work on these =
things.  So for now -- is there a good resource (book, old Journal =
articles, etc.) with insights on what to do when, techniques, jigs, =
non-spray-lacquer finish options, and related subjects?  I suppose a =
good wood-working book could help, especially being wood-work inclined =
as I am.  Any recommendations from experience out there?

Thanks,
Noel Kaufmann
DC Chapter

=20