Cents to Hertz Conversion Chart

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:21:02 -0600

Wim:

Ah, mi comprendo. I was only thinking of the "tuning" beats. It gets a =
little confusing, so I'm going back to "so what?" lest I display further =
ignorance ... :-)

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 9:13 AM
  Subject: Re: Cents to Hertz Conversion Chart

  In a message dated 12/23/02 10:14:24 PM Central Standard Time, =
tune4u@earthlink.net writes:

    whereas A# doesn't beat at all, of course, nor does any pitch, =
unless it is beating against a different pitch.=20

  Alan

  Every pitch beats. It is also called cycle per second. On an imperial =
Bosey, you can hear the beat rate of the lowest note at 16 BPS. You can =
also hear beats as the diffence between two intervals. That is where =
those partials come in.=20

  Wim