Flooded Pianos

MoodyPianoInc@aol.com MoodyPianoInc@aol.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:00:02 EST

Thank you Wim for your response.  This is really what I needed to hear.  I am
sure my newbie questions are probably not fully thought out or as clear as I
would like.

In my haste to post I don't think I was clear as to what I was looking for
and in that probably posted an unanswerable question.  In my question
regarding the appraisal of the pianos I was really looking for more of
guidlines of appraising when water damage or other damage is involved rather
than a price.  In speaking to a couple technicians that I know, this question
has been answered as much as it can be.

So that I may continue to learn on this subject of water damage, I have heard
some people say that they fall apart over time from the moisture and that
drying really doesn't do anything (wether it was a 10 year old piano or a 70
year old piano). Although in some archives I did notice that some techs
actually spoke about fixing up water damaged pianos.  I am curious as to the
different points of view.  If a piano is playing now (after the water damage)
what would happen to the piano over time to  make it worthy of disposal.

If anyone feels they would rather email to me privately to save room on the
list that is fine.  Thanks again for putting up with my newbie questions.

~Lanie