soundboard finish

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:46:13 -0800

Liberon-star from Ft. Bragg, Ca. has lots of shellac products.  Terry =
Miller from Napa turned me on to the shellac stuff.  Retarder is a slow =
drying alcohol that can be added to increase drying time.  I used it to =
brush on a coat but was frusterated with it so I sprayed a coat of =
lacquer sealer over it.  I'm swearing off brushes for good.  Works to =
apply paint remover though.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 11:19 PM
  Subject: Re: soundboard finish

  In a message dated 12/19/2002 7:51:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, =

    Subj: Re: soundboard finish=20
    Date: 12/19/2002 7:51:53 AM Pacific Standard Time
    From: cmpiano@attbi.com
    To: pianotech@ptg.org
    Sent from the Internet=20

                       Carl -Yes I spray it and No I don't use retarder =
soTell me what you know about this Please!

                                  Dale

    Dale, do you spray the shellac and do you use shellac retarder?
     =20
    Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
    Santa Clara, California
    cmpiano@attbi.com=20