storing CA glue

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:54:19 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Wim wrote:
> I've never done that, but I hear that's the best way.

I'll report how it goes. I think the idea is that you don't any air in the
tip. The moisture in the air causes the glue to cure. If the tip is filled
with glue and no air, then it'll cure much more slowly.

If that's the case, then it seems the best way to store CA glue would be
without any air, or as little as possible (at some point the pressure
would get so low the glue might boil, which we wouldn't want). You know
those things that suck the air out of a wine bottle and cause the wine to
stay fresh for much longer? Why not something like that for CA glue? Or we
could install a tiny tiny DC system to dehumidify the inside of the
bottle. :)

Charles Neuman