too many aggraffes

Scott Pickett scottpickett@nucleus.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:17:02 -0700

My Bluthner has agraffes on the bridges for the aliquot strings.  =
Perhaps Sohmer was attempting to 'improve' the transmission of sound =
into the board?  Does anyone know more?...
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:18 PM
  Subject: too many aggraffes

  Hi,=20
   I serviced and tuned a Sohmner grand today.It had a bass,mid,and =
treble section.It had aggraffes on the bass,and mid section,as a lot of =
pianos do.On the treble section,all the strings went through, what =
looked like a series of small tunnels, for each unison.On the complete =
bridge,except for the bass,it had aggraffes all the way up through half =
of the treble bridge,then finished up with bridge pins.I had never run =
across anything like this.=20
  Always something new,=20
  Hazen Bannister=20