Dampp-Chaser SHB crud

John M. Formsma jformsma@fortunehitech.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:02:41 -0600

Don,

> I'ts great that you service the instruments twice a year. I don't see any
> more build up *with* smb than without. I assume you do empty the
> humidifier when you clean and change pads?

Yes, but I noticed this happening on the systems that were only six months
old. Not just a little crud, but lots, and hard to remove. Case in point: YC
G-185, system installed 2/02. Serviced it yesterday, and the crud had built
up along the sensors, and mounds of it at the edges of the pads. Compare
this with the regular bar with little or no buildup. What used to be an easy
service of replacing the pads and easy cleaning once a year has now turned
into cleaning twice a year. And  cleaning with serious scrubbing!

FWIW...I have one piano with the old system with the metal bar. Almost no
buildup, and it gets once a year changing. The pads looked very good,
considering.

Regards,

John Formsma