Dampp-Chaser SHB crud

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:33:05 -0600

Hi John,

I'ts great that you service the instruments twice a year. I don't see any
more build up *with* smb than without. I assume you do empty the humidifier
when you clean and change pads?

Does a client ever move away? If so they may thank you for the smb as the
next technician may not be as careful as you are.

I have my clients do the changing of pads--and as our water is extremely
hard I  suggest it be done four times per year.

At 09:50 PM 12/4/02 -0600, you wrote:
>List,
>
>If this has been discussed recently, I apologize. I've been off list for a
>while--just resubscribed two days ago.
>
>I've noticed a similar problem on all my DC systems with the smart heater
>bar. When I replace the pads (at a six month interval), there is a lot of
>crud buildup--on the pads, but especially on the sensor wires. Some even
>require extensive cleaning after only six months. However, on the systems
>that do not have a SHB, there is only a very small amount. and the pads look
>fairly good. The owners have been using the pad treatment solution, so I
>know the absence of that is not the factor. It seems to be caused by the
>wire sensors.
>
>I've only been installing the SHB systems for the last year plus, so it's
>taken a while to notice this trend. Have you experienced this on your DC
>systems? I'm tempted to go back to installing the regular, non-SHB systems
>just to eliminate the extra, unnecessary cleaning. The pad lights never come
>on anyway, and since I service these pianos twice a year, the pads will be
>changed often enough.
>
>Whatcha think?
>
>John Formsma
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\download\attachments\winmail1.dat"

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.