audible resultant from two supersonic frequencies?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 07:06:21 -0500

Ric,

I am confused by your question.  First, do you really mean supersonic,
defined as greater than the speed of sound waves?  I think you may mean
ultrasound, defined as sound with a frequency greater than 20,000 Hz,
which is approximately the upper limit of human hearing.

In any case, the only way one could experiment with sounds beyond the
human hearing range would be electronically or by using some sort of
fauna (dogs) which can hear higher ranges than we humans can.  What
would be the point of experimenting with sounds we can't hear?  (I tried
hard to resist saying "unless we are tuning for dogs" but was
unsuccessful.)  <G>

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA