Out of tune on purpose?

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:20:16 -0600

I have wondered about this myself, but I don't know that we'll ever have a
real answer to this question, though my impression is often that none of
Guaraldi's recordings were done on in-tune pianos. The Peanuts recordings
were done 35 ago, and I have heard Guaraldi described as "penniless," which
makes me think he simply may not have had the clout necessary to record on
well-prepped pianos.

Kent Swafford