Off Topic - Training Courses for Women

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:52:40 -0500

Friends,

In general, it's okay to poke fun at ourselves, but we have to be pretty careful
when we poke fun at others.  The Golden Rule is appropriate here:  do unto
others as you would have them do unto you.  I would certainly hope that if a
woman would write something offensive to men and later realize it, that she
would apologize, and I think many would.

But I agree that the PC thing has gone too far.  I cannot for the life of me
understand why the majority is suppressed in favor of the minority, but that's
the way things seem to be going in this country.  I think we should show the
minorities due respect, for sure.

I do not consider myself overly concerned with political correctness, but we
should regard all persons with respect, even when we have a serious disagreement
with them.

Regards,
Clyde