DALE ERWIN erwinpiano@msn.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:11:59 -0800

Hi Mark =20

 Here is that post again. Did you repost it or what is going on? As you s=
aid in a previous post, how does this one post keep getting posted. I thi=
nk this post has to get an award for the most repost in any calender year=
 . Anyway ,somebody just STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 =20
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Wisner
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 1:29 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: =20
 =20
I wrote;
"I agree. For that market, Yamaha makes the S6 & S4 grands.  It's a warme=
r sounding piano.  For every "S" piano we sell, we sell about a gazillion=
 of the more aggressive (?) sounding "G" and "C" types.   As I write this=
 I hear a great, booming voice proclaiming "The Market Has Spoken"!   But=
 hey! That's only ONE of the voices I periodically hear, some of them are=
 frequently mistaken, and maybe this one is too."
 =20
Dale replied;
"Are you saying that I might be the booming voice referred to above and t=
hat I might be mistaken? Something was lost in the translation. If your a=
nswer is yes how can my (and others)xpeireince be mistaken if it is indee=
d  our collective experience. Am I missing something or are those last fo=
ur concert tunings making me groggy? I'm curious how many S type =20
pianos are made and sold each year?"
 =20
My snappy retort;
Nah, Dale, you aren't the booming voice I was referring to.  What I was t=
rying to say in a light-hearted way  (and what I may be mistaken about) i=
s that since there is a wide range of pianos to choose from, new, used, m=
ellow, bright, and everything in between, I assume that folks are buying =
what they want.  And what most people are buying are pianos with lotsa vo=
lume and a bright sound. So I conclude that's what most people want.  Cap=
italism in action.
As to the numbers of "S" series pianos Yamaha sells, I already told you, =
one is sold for every gazillion of everything else.....  'Nother words, I=
 don't know...not enough, though.
 =20
  =20
 =20