Rusty Strings (was: Re: Chemical Damage to D-Chaser Unit)

Bobby R. Sims sims-n-sons@ev1.net
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:26:40 -0600

> Any report you could make on the success of ammonium in binding the
> chlorine under what might be a aggravating conditions (heat of the
> bar, as well as any electrical field around heating element) would be
> a welcome contribution. This situation may be more common than we
> think.

The gentleman who was a schooled chemist will possibly be helpful here but
the chlorine is converted to chloramines by the addition of ammonia as far
as I understand.  The chloramine still has the disinfection traits.

I'll check with my supervisor (chemist) on it and try to get back to the
list again.

Bobby Sims
sims-n-sons@ev1.net
http://users2.ev1.net/~brsims