etd accuracy

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 06:58:26 EST

RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

> Aurally enhanced,
> I'm trying to plug some more holes in my information, and I'm hoping
> someone knows this right off the top. I hear of ETD accuracy ranges in the
> 0.01 cent vicinity. Is this correct? Is it correct for the entire range of
> the piano? I know the difficulties in getting a decent signal in the low
> frequency ranges. I'm asking about processing capabilities given a decent
> signal.
>

> Ron N

Being an SAT III user, I can say, without restraint, that it is possible to
come within .01 of every note on the scale. It is actually easier to do so in
the low bass than in the high treble. The sustain on the upper octave note,
and the distortion cause by the noise of the hammer hitting the string, makes
it very difficult to get the string to be exactly on pitch. But with good
hammer technique, it can be done.

Wim