Pitch Raising

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 05:31:12 -0500

OH, Joe, please be more specific!

> As for the "Stretch" factors, that others are advocating, YIKES! They must
> like replacing strings. Some of those "over-shoots" are far in excess of
the
> normal sting breakage tolerances.

I never overshoot more than 25 cents (I usually keep it well below that).
What kind of "over-shoots" are you referring to? It's obvious to me 25 cents
max is typically within string breakage tolerances (on a string in good
condition). But I wonder about string deformation. How much can one pull it
up above pitch without doing something weird to it - deforming it in some
way. Anyone have any kind of data on that - I realize it will vary with
different string diameters, but maybe at least general info???

Terry Farrell