insulting Ed

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:40:27 EST

In a message dated 11/2/01 6:34:57 PM Central Standard Time,

From:    dm.porritt@verizon.net (David M. Porritt)
 writes:

> >   It was just this last week that a faculty member of Julliard
> looked at me
> >and said, "But Bach used equal temperament for everything, didn't
> he?"
>
> -- snip --
>
> Ed:
>
> He/she did teach theater or dance right?  This surely wasn't a MUSIC
> faculty member, was it?
>
> dave

More than likely, it was a piano professor and he "learned" that
disinformation from Steinway technicians.  It's what they believe and what
they tell people, I've heard it from several of them.  It seems that if you
want to work for the *king* of piano manufacturers, you have to repeat the
king's decrees or it's "off with your head!".

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin