key pin lubrication

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:19:31 EST

In a message dated 10/31/01 3:25:00 PM, cmpiano@home.com writes:

<< spray the pins and

bushings with an aerosol Teflon lube or mold release.  I think It is just

Teflon powder dispersed in freon that evaporates off in a few seconds

leaving a thin film of Teflon.  Don't leave home without it. >>

I'd like to echo the above.  TFL50 from Schaff (which is a Teflon aerosol
spray) sprayed on the keypins makes a BIG difference.  At the store where I
work, we treat all the pianos including the new ones with TFL50.  And I can
feel the difference, even on a brand new piano.

Tom Sivak
PTG Associate and Soon-To-Be-Hot-Hide-Glue-User