You people are staring to scare me.

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:42:16 -0500

1.  I'm not "staring".

2.  I like this story - removing the action; that's great. Count me in. =
Fortunately in 16 years I have never been stuck, however, this story is =
going in my don't forget pile!

Roy Ulrich
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JosephB33@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 2:52 PM
  Subject: Re: You people are staring to scare me.

  Ok... I'm reluctant to share this story as you may think me immature =
but I=20
  will do it anyway.=20

  I've had 2 problems with people that wouldn't pay.  One was a church =
and the=20
  second a nightclub.=20

  For the church, after the work was completed, they refused to return =
my calls=20
  and letters.  I paid them a visit one afternoon and removed the middle =
two=20
  octaves of keys from the keyboard.  The pastor called me... needless =
to say=20
  he was irate.  Unfortunately this went nowhere. I still have the keys =
in my=20
  shop, but it is a fun story to tell.=20

  The second one was more productive.  In the same fashion, I did a =
tuning for=20
  a local night club.  After  2 months of waiting for payments and =
repeatedly=20
  hearing "the check is in the mail" I paid them a visit and removed =
their=20
  entire action from the piano.  Two days later I received a frantic =
call that=20
  the piano wasn't working.  I informed them why.  I informed them that =
they=20
  could either come pick the action up from my shop or I could return it =
for an=20
  additional $60 service charge.  We compromised on a $45 service =
charge, but=20
  they got their action back and I got paid.=20

  Again, these probably demonstrate my horrible immaturity, but when =
they so=20
  blatantly lie to me and refuse to cooperate a little "retribution" is =
in=20
  order.=20

  Joe=20
  InTune Piano Service=20