You people are staring to scare me.

JosephB33@AOL.COM JosephB33@AOL.COM
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:52:32 EDT

Ok... I'm reluctant to share this story as you may think me immature but I
will do it anyway.

I've had 2 problems with people that wouldn't pay.  One was a church and the
second a nightclub.

For the church, after the work was completed, they refused to return my calls
and letters.  I paid them a visit one afternoon and removed the middle two
octaves of keys from the keyboard.  The pastor called me... needless to say
he was irate.  Unfortunately this went nowhere. I still have the keys in my
shop, but it is a fun story to tell.

The second one was more productive.  In the same fashion, I did a tuning for
a local night club.  After  2 months of waiting for payments and repeatedly
hearing "the check is in the mail" I paid them a visit and removed their
entire action from the piano.  Two days later I received a frantic call that
the piano wasn't working.  I informed them why.  I informed them that they
could either come pick the action up from my shop or I could return it for an
additional $60 service charge.  We compromised on a $45 service charge, but
they got their action back and I got paid.

Again, these probably demonstrate my horrible immaturity, but when they so
blatantly lie to me and refuse to cooperate a little "retribution" is in
order.

Joe
InTune Piano Service