Getting paid..

Ken Gerler kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:20:58 -0500

I took a claim to small claims court 20 years ago and received a judgment in
my favor but I still didn't collect because then you have to file the lean
or go through the sheriff's department to take possession of a vehicle or
something to force payment. Any way you look at it, it will cost extra time
and money.  In the St. Louis area we have a company the collects on bad
debts.  For a $5 or $10.00 fee they will send a letter on their letter head.
Sometimes that will bring payment if they fear it is going to collection.
If they don't pay, then turn the collection over to the company BEFORE IT
GETS TOO OLD.

Ken Gerler