Buzz Problem

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 04:33:40 -0000

I had a similar problem with a Knight upright some years ago.  There was a
horrible buzz which was very difficult to isolate.  Finally, after feeling
around on the soundboard I found a small area where the lightest pressure
would change the buzz and only slightly more stopped it.  The board was, in
fact, delaminating.  I was able to isolate a small area that seemed to be
the source.  I drove a couple of screws with soundboard buttons into the
board to try and clamp the offending area down.  Not pretty, but it has
worked thus far.

David Love