Buzz Problem

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:34:06 -0700

>My judgement is that I am looking at a solid core faced with a veneer on both
>sides, and that the veneer is lifting somewhere near the nose bolt in the
>bass.  I've checked and checked the bridges for rubbing against the plate,
>and there seems to be clearance everywhere.
>
>Thanks for the reply
>
>Bill Maxim

Hello, Bill

I wonder what would happen if you managed to work a small clamp through
the nosebolt hole, and tightened it so it pressed the layers together.
I mean, what's a little extra impedance among friends?

Well, sort of crazy ... but sometimes for nearly terminal terribly
cracked and loose upright soundboards, not worthy of true repairs, I
get the noises to quiet down by wedging scrap hammer felt between
a backpost and a rib. For that matter, you could try that, if it is
time to go home and nothing better has presented itself.

If one can lay a hand on a certain area, and the sound goes away,
it sometimes makes me wonder if I can find an artificial semi-permanent
"hand" which could do the same thing while I walked out to the car
and drove away.

Susan