Reverse Crown Soundboard

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:36:05 -0400

I just finished reading an article by Del Fandrich in the December 1997 PTG
Journal about soundboards. Great reading. I'm having a blast with my 20-Year
Journal CDs. In one of his side notes he mentions that some pianos have been
built with reverse crown. Who has done this? When? Has Steinway ever done
this in the past or now? I had a new 1098 a couple years ago with a full
1/4" of reverse crown and plenty of downbearing. Anyone else ever seen this
or know about it?

Terry Farrell