Warped Action Parts

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:17:45 -0400

When I put the stack on a flat surface, all feet (except one) sit flat. =
Gravity seems to be pulling down enough to level it out. When I stand =
the stack up on one end (so the long axis is vertical) and place the =
feet along a flat surface, then I can see which ones are out of whack. I =
added the out-of-whackness of the stack feet to the out-of-whackness of =
the feet recepticles in the action frame and made suitable shims. I am =
now in the process of leveling keys, etc. and we will see how this =
works.

This is really horrible trying to do a job one can be proud of without =
being able to do what is needed. Oh, well, I guess we all have been down =
that road before. Thanks for your input.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Warren Fisher=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 12:33 PM
  Subject: Re: Warped Action Parts

   =20
  Farrell wrote:=20

     What is an "action standard"? I have now shimmed the action bracket =
feet. Is that what you are referring to?=20
    Yes, different terms for different learning backgrounds.=20
     =20

    End blocks all tight. Entire front edge of keyframe mates perfectly =
to keybed. What do you mean regarding checking the wippen rail for level =
- are you asking is it warped? Yup, it is warped a little bit, much like =
the hammer rail. Thanks for your input/interest.=20

    It doesn't take much warping to change the key dip.  If the feet are =
all the same length put the stack on a flat surface and you should be =
able to tell which ones are off.=20

    Warren=20
     =20
     =20