Del Fandrich articles

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:02:54 0000

The following is a list of articles by or about Del Fandrich appearing in the PTG Journals 1979 - 1999.  This list was compiled by searching the 20 Years of the Piano Technicians Journal CD.  I don't guarantee that this list is comprehensive.  I haven't checked my paper copies of 2000 & 2001 Journals to see if there are any other articles.  I will do this when I have time.  I also have this info on a Word file.  If anyone would like a copy then please e-mail me directly and I will attempt to send it to you.

All About Adhesives Part I: History, Bonding Theory -
April 1985

All About Adhesives Part II : Casein Glue & Synthetics - May 1985

All About Adhesives Part III: The Mechanics of Adhesive Bonding - July 1985

All About Adhesives - Epoxies: Aunt Matilda's Teacup And Wooden Boats - October 1985

About The Craft - Abrasives Part I:  What kind of Sandpaper Did you use? - February 1986

About The Craft - Abrasives Part II - April 1986

For the curious - a picture of Del in his younger days - May 1987 pg 12

Del Fandrich at the Portland Convention - November 1989 (article by Nick Gravagne)

Dear Susan - Glue Pots - January 1990

The Fandrich Piano - May 1992

NAMM 94 - May 1994 (Article by Yat-Lam Hong with quotes from Fandrich)

Tuning Stability in Pianos - February 1995

Q&A - Non-Parallel Bridge Notching - May 1995

The Designer's Notebook - V-bars, Pressure Bars and Duplex Scales -
June 1995

The Designer's Notebook - Front Duplex Stringing Scales -August 1995

Letters - Non-Parallel Bridge Notching - September 1995

The Designer's Notebook ... If It Ain't Broke -- Break it! Or ...There is No Such Thing as a Finished Product - October 1995

The Designer's Notebook...Piano Power, Sustain - November 1995

The Designer's Notebook - Dampers - Why Are They So Darn Much Trouble? - December 1995

The Designer's Notebook - The Mechanics & Strength of Wood & Wood Structures Part 1- Basic Mechanics - April 1996

Letters - More on Tuned Duplex Scales - May 1996

The Mechanics & Strength of Wood & Wood Structures Part II - June 1996

Letters - More on Humidity  Related Pitch Changes - August 1996

Action Power Part I - Exploring the Limits of Piano Action Dynamics -
August 1996

Action Power Part II - Improving Piano Action, Efficiency & Power - December 1996

The Problem of Small Pianos Part I - The Designer's Notebook - July 1997

Q&A Special - Questions for Del Fandrich - September 1997

Q&A Special - Tightening Plate Screws & Bolts: Are We Overdoing It? - October 1997

The Designer's Notebook - Soundboard Damage - A Guide to Sound-board Cracks & Other Maladies Part I - December 1997

The Designer's Notebook - Soundboard Damage - A Guide To Sound-board Cracks & Other Maladies Part II - January 1998

The Designer's Notebook - Soundboard Damage - A Guide to Sound-board Cracks & Other Maladies Part III - February 1998

The Designer's Notebook - The Problem of Small Pianos Part II:  The Bass/Tenor Crossover - April 1998

First Responses to Richard Brown's "Some Thoughts on the Design of Bass Strings" - January 1999

Q & A - Steinway Underlever Replacement - June 1999

Q & A - Jazz Tuning - July 1999

Q & A - Pinblock Drilling - November 1999

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!