Moving Piano to Hawaii

BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:37:40 EDT

Actually the proof will be in the pudding I'm afraid.  Granted the most
serious damage will be done if the move is vice versa, ie. from Hawaii to
Co., and of that you can be sure.  I'm afraid the converse will be true as
well.  Perhaps if the move is done swiftly and the piano is immediately put
in a climate controlled environment, then maybe it will survive.
       I had the opportunity to sell a second hand acrosonic to a mission
church in New Orleans back in the 70's and they shipped it to their mission
in Costa Rica.  A few months later they sent me to Costa Rica to service it.
Now you must understand that in this particular region there was no hot and
cold water, just cold, and no windows as we know them, just shutters...so the
piano was pretty much a mass of rust, sticking everything etc....I did
successfully service it but I estimate it's life was not much
longer.....Anyway, my rationale is why more than anything.  The piano's life
is over, let it rest in peace without disemboweling it.
tom mc