Will change in climate hurt piano?

James R. Day jamesrday@hotmail.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:17:48 -1000

Hi,

I am not a piano technician, rather a person in search of some information:

My dad, who is 88, has had a Chalen upright piano in Denver, Colorado for
the past 50 years. My parents are now living with me in Honolulu, Hawaii.
They are considering bringing the piano to Hawaii so he can play it.

My question is this: Will the change from a dry climate to a humid (not that
humid) climate hurt the piano to the point of being unplayable?

Thank you for your consideration. I will appreciate any advise you may have
to offer.

Aloha,
Jim
jamesrday@hotmail.com