S&S plate touch up?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:09:17 -0500

Hi Isaac,
               I'm not sure what it is.   Smells like kerosene, it is also
sold as paint thinner or paint solvent for cleaning brushes.  I will ask at
the paint store next week, since you have raised my curiousity.   It takes
tape residue off and will not harm polyester or laquer finishes.  It is
defintely flamable, but not as volitile as laquer thinner or acetone.
The soaked cloth trick can save you a lot of rubbing, and make the job
easy.   It keeps the solvent in contact with the dried on residue.  I also
use it as a rubbing fluid with 600 wet and dry for satin finishes.   It
give a nicer cut than water.
Roger