S&S plate touch up?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:44:11 -0500

Hi Diane,
               If it is tape residue, varsol will usually work.   Let it soak
to get those crystals soft, it will then rub off with out hurting the finish.
So it does not run all over the place, soak a rag and lay it on the trouble
spot for about 10minutes.
Varsol is sold in paint stores, some times as paint thinner.
Regards Roger

At 12:51 PM 6/23/01 -0700, you wrote:

> List,
>
> I guess we should feel flattered..........she wants to keep all the tuner's
> signatures from over the years, she even knows where each one is, and is
> especially concerned about one of my competitor's signatures.......... Why
> she didn't have him rebuild it instead of me.......then he could have
> refinished the plate and simply re-signed it!
>
> I have most of the plate looking good, but there were three pieces of tape
> (my guess) that left their marks on the plate right near the nosebolt and
> cooling holes,  and next to the words "Steinway Foundry....and
Tubular......"