Needling Technique

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:51:20 +0200

I've never done it, so I would be afraid to do that, but steaming has never
been the issue here in Europe because hammers aren't that hard to begin
with.
The last time I voiced a diamond hard hammer was in Hamamatsu because, after
having voiced a number of Concert grands (which all have Wurzen), my
instructor wanted me to feel what it was like to voice an old type Yamaha
hammer which he and his colleagues had to work with for many years.
It was the old fashioned grueling job with heaps of broken and bent needles
(f)lying around and old fashioned swearing (in Dutch... ok?) and a sore
shoulder, arm, and hand.

Bless the Wurzen deities!

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland