Yamaha service bond

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:18:34 -0400

Dave Nereson wrote:
>As I mentioned, Yamaha may have phased out the service bond program
>years ago, or maybe they left it up to the dealers, if they wanted to
>provide the service.  Yes, the dealers paid us (technicians) to do the
>"first free tuning" and, 6 months later, the service bond, then they were
>reimbursed, at least partially, by Yamaha.  We didn't get much, but it was a
>good way for a technician just starting out to build up a clientele of
>people with brand new Yamahas.  --Dave Nereson, RPT

Here's the scoop on the Yamaha Service Bond:
The Service Bond Program has not been phased out. The vertical pianos
come off the Yamaha truck with a hang tag specifically outlining what
service is to be done (pre-delivery tuning, initial home tuning, 2nd
home tuning and a check list of items to adjust)

In the past the dealer had two cards to return to Yamaha, one for the
first in home tuning, one for the second home tuning and adjustments/
regulation.

Presently there is only one card that the dealer has to return to
Yamaha. There's a place for the piano technician and the customer to
sign, as well as a check list on the card for what's to be done.

Do all dealers adhere to the above? No, some take off the hang tags
from the pianos, do one tuning in the home, fill out the card and
pocket the $35 they get from Yamaha.
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.