FWD: Is complete 5-Part Dampp-chaser unit always necessary?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:39:53 -0400

> In either case the RH bounces back and forth between the trigger points
> of the
> humidification and dehumidification systems.  I don't see that bouncing
> back an
> forth faster makes the environment more consistent.

No, I would agree that it likely does not make much difference - either way
should be OK, as long as the system is maintaining proper RH. But, what the
rapid cycling does indirectly do for you is that it means you have reserve
power, so that when the RH in the room goes way up, your system can still
handle it and achieve targeted RH.

> When the humidity is high (65% or more), I rarely find my customers'
> systems in
> the "off" mode.

Then, what happens when RH goes up to 75% or more? I should think that it
means that the system would just stay on, and not lower RH to the targeted
value, if it is apparently maxxed out trying to lower piano RH when room RH
is at 65%.

Terry Farrell