grand leg plates

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:15:23 -0700

Tom,
May I have your permission to use this in TT&T?
Thanks,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Techncians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Tom Driscoll
  Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 1:54 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: grand leg plates

  Joseph,
      I recently replaced some plates . These were in the same mortises and
although  the depth of the mortises was correct the holes did not line up
for the new plates.
      I drilled out the existing holes and glued in hardwood plugs (not
dowells) Then with the plates  locked together on the leg,  I applied a
small amount of C.A. to the plate that attatches to the piano--Careful not
to glue them together !--- then put the leg in place correctly positioned ,
wait for the C.A. to bond, carefully remove the leg and there you have it ,
the leg plate positioned and ready for drilling and screws .  Tom Driscoll