Sojin Pianos

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:32:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/01 1:53:09 PM Central Daylight Time, rafjr@cbcso.org
writes:

> Hello,
>
> My church is considering buying a Sojin piano.  We have received a lot of
> negative feedback about Sojin.  Could anyone give me some specific reasons
> (more specific than "they are entry level", or "they aren't as good as
> Yamaha")?  We don't want to make a big mistake, but we need facts to make
> our decision.
>
> Thanks!
>
> That Christ may be exalted,
>
> Pastor Robb Fowler

Rev. Fowler.

A low end piano like a Sojin would be OK if the only thing it is used for is
to play a couple of hymns once or twice a month. But if the church is going
to use it more than that, it would be money well spent to purchase a little
better quality piano.

The problem with low end pianos is longevity. On the surface, to the
untrained ear and eye, a low end piano might sound and look just as good as a
more expensive one. But piano technicians see pianos that have been heavily
used for 10 years that are ready to be replaced, or at best, ready to be
rebuilt. Most churches don't understand why a 10 year old piano needs to be
replaced that soon, and so they either put up with what they have, or try one
tuner after another, looking for someone who can miraculously fix the piano.

It would be much wiser for the church to spend another $4000 to $6000 now,
and have a piano that will last 25 - 30 years, instead of saving the money
and having it last only 10 years. It's like a pair of shoes. You can buy a
pair of shoes for $25.00 that will only last 6 months, or you can buy a pair
of shoes for $100 which will last 4 years. Which, in the long run, is the
less expensive pair of shoes?

Good Luck, Pastor Fowler.

Willem Blees, RPT
St. Louis, MO

PS. You are a very wise man to ask for advice before buying a piano. There
are too many people who ask the questions after they made the purchase.
Congratulations.