cleaning plate web (was vacuums)

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:54:08 -0500

>I am enjoying the comments on this thread. I have the Spurlock tools and
>they work great for soundboards...but...is there a system one uses to clean
>the tuning pin area of a Grand piano?..almost seems fruitless to get the
>soundboard clean again and not have a method to get the 'nasties' from out
>of the tuning pin area.
>
>any thoughts?
>
>roo(k)

Hi Phil,
One suggestion from Dan Levitan's class, The New York City Tool Kit:
Use Extra-Dry Woolite carpet cleaner.  Spray the Woolite between the
pins and brush (or vacuum, I assume) out.  I can't speak from
experience, but it sounds as if it's a good method.  Of course, you
could always use compressed air...

Respectfully,
Jon

Jon Ralinovsky