vacuums

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:47:30 -0700

"Howard S. Rosen" wrote:

> ... Like most other techs I am a tool animal and since I opened up this can of
> worms, I will now likely go hunting for those other models that blow as well
> as suck. Thanks!

Howard,

Your welcome, I'm sure! Nothing like a bunch of piano techs to think up
every possible variation on a theme!

The blowing feature can come in handy and I wouldn't be without it. A
few words could be said about the discretion of it's use, of course. I
recall Isaac Sadigursky speaking at conventions about his vacuum which
has an extra hose - one for blowing off the dust and the other to suck
it in. To further minimize the "overspray" on grands, he sometimes hangs
a sheet on the propped lid.

But I think that being able to blow out actions (outside) makes this
feature worth having.

My field service vacuum is a Royal Can Vac and in the shop I use a Fein
(they're quiet).

Tom Cole