Leg Plate Screw Anchors

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:48:19 -0400

Terry,
    I think if you have all new hard wood there it's your choice how you want to
do it. Certainly the wood will hold the new screws you might be able to find
easily. I don't have a clue where to get the new screws. I believe something was
mentioned on the list so you may want to check the archives but every time  take
one to a hardware store they "never saw anything like that before". What I know
about screws into either of those two woods is minimal. I only suggest that you
drill the hole big enough so that the shank doesn't bind. You'd be surprised how
easily it will.
You could still use the tee nuts as both Del and I suggested but the have to be
sunk so that they don't interfere with the action. Screw inserts are also an
option but back to square one if they are over tightened. I think if it were me
i'd go with the regular wood screws. I think you can find something but they may
not look exactly like what you're used to seeing. Hope this helps.

Greg