Bench Regulation: was Decker Grand

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:20:53 -0400

> Terry, I don't understand your comment about the monetary reward. Your
> statement implies you don't charge as much for "in the shop" work as you
do
> for "in the home" work. You should be charging the same for both. They
both
> take up time, and all you get paid for is your time.

No, I charge the same either place (well maybe I let things slide a bit in
the shop - but just because I like being there so much). I was simply
agreeing that it is likely more efficient to regulate it right there and
then in the home - at a minimum it would in deed eliminate an extra trip -
assuming you could get it done in one day. (I think the author of the
efficiency criticism must often work on 10 year old Yamahas and the like -
they are likely done in a few hours & they were not so far off to begin
with).

Terry Farrell