Bench Regulation: was Decker Grand

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:40:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/01 6:49:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Bench regulation: arguably not as efficient, perhaps not as monetarily
rewarding, but way more an integral part of a wholesome, and spiritually and
intellectually rewarding piano/life experience.

 Terry Farrell >>

If done right, a bench regulation will result in very little time a the
piano. All of what Terry just said about the "comforts" of doing the
regulation in the privacy of your own shop, is a big reason I NEVER do a
complete regulation in the piano. Yes, I do the final one in the piano, but
as I said, if you do it right, you shouldn't have to spend more than an hour
tweaking a note here and there.

Terry, I don't understand your comment about the monetary reward. Your
statement implies you don't charge as much for "in the shop" work as you do
for "in the home" work. You should be charging the same for both. They both
take up time, and all you get paid for is your time.

Willem