Flood Damage Advice

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:26:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/01 3:38:35 PM Central Daylight Time, avery@ev1.net
writes:

<< The keyboard is swollen into one solid mass, the hammers
 are up so high that the action cannot be removed, etc. I
 opened it up as much as possible, told them to put a box
 fan in front of it, and "we'll see what happens".

 Am I wrong in recommending that they write it off and get
 a new one? They do have flood insurance and my understanding
 is that that means replacement cost, not depreciated cost.

 Any comments/advice would be welcome. Thanks.

 Avery

The cost of rebuilding this piano would exceed the cost of a new one. I would
recommend that you tell the insurance company and owners of the piano that it
is "totaled", and that they get a new one..

Willem