restringing/restoring your piano...

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- Overs Pianos <sec@overspianos.com.au> wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> Stephen Airy wrote:
>
> >Whenever I get around to doing some more work on my
> >piano (it needs new strings, for example), when I
> >restring it, what things should I look for to
> >determine whether or not I need to remove the plate
> in
> >order to do some things?  From what I can see,
> >although I'm not using very good light, the
> soundboard
> >is not cracked, the plate is fine although could
> use a
> >relaquer, and the bass bridge needs epoxy or at
> most
> >to be recapped.
>
> Stephen, why don't you get around to doing something
> like attending
> the coming Reno convention. Everything you ever
> wanted to know will
> be there for the taking.

I don't think I'd be able to make it to the Reno
convention, but Bruce Stevens has told me that later
this year (or early next year) there is something
going on in San Diego, CA, where I live.  I would like
to attend that, but I need to contact him about when /
where it is (or do you know of a website or where on
the ptg website that it tells where the conventions
are?)