Decker Grand

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:03:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 08, 2001 5:18 AM
Subject: Decker Grand

> I was a little surprised to find the capos throughout the stringing scale,
> normally (perhaps inappropriately) associating such a feature with small
> three-sectioned Brambachs and Aeolean grands - and this piano (at least
> judging from the massive framing and very thick rim) is of rather high
> quality. Any thoughts on the pros & cons of capos throughout and/or
Deckers
> in general?
-------------------------------------

Terry,

Our notion that agraffes are Real Good Things comes to us from the fact that
nearly every piano built uses them. There is much to be said for some
traditions, but this isn't one of them. Take a good look at those capo
d'astro bars. In the end analysis they might actually be the Real Good
Thing.

I have admired just about every Decker I have ever seen. I have a somewhat
later 5' 9" (175 cm) Decker of my own that I'm slowly working through. It
won't be for sale when I'm finished.

Don't suppose you have any pictures of this thing?

Regards,

Del